Re: Why isn't Gnome 2.22 in sid yet?

Am Mittwoch, 16 Juli 2008 10:38:18
schrieb Cameron Hutchison <lists@xdna.net>:

> Why isn't all of Gnome 2.22 in sid yet? I'm most interested in the panel
> and the applets which are still at 2.20.3.

- many applications now use the new gio library instead of gnome-vfs, leading to important performance improvements
- A handful of packages (namely nautilus, gnome-panel and libgnome) will be shipped in their 2.20 version, as we felt gvfs was not stable and featured enough for a stable Debian release. We include our patched, rock-solid version of gnome-vfs instead, even though it means less performance.

http://wiki.debian.org/NewInLenny

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus dem schönen Hainzell
Simon Wesp

The G in GNU stands for GNU