Re: Passing a module parameter to a compiled-in driver

On 07/14/2008 10:18 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi,

Hi.

http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Hardware%2C_driver_status#NVIDIA

I want/need to pass swncq=1 to the sata_nv driver, but it's compiled-in, not a module. How do I do that? The best I've come up with from Google-fu is (from the lilo prompt):

linux sata_nv=swncq=1

Am I missing something?

I'm looking into this right now, and I don't have a definitive answer for you, but "linux sata_nv=swncq,1" and "linux sata_nv:swncq=1" are also likely solutions.

Install doc-linux-text and read
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/BootPrompt-HOWTO.gz