Re: Passing a module parameter to a compiled-in driver

On 07/14/2008 10:18 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
[...]
I want/need to pass swncq=1 to the sata_nv driver, but it's
compiled-in, not a module.  How do I do that?  The best I've come up
with from Google-fu is (from the lilo prompt):

linux sata_nv=swncq=1

Am I missing something?

http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
Module parameters for modules that are built into the kernel image
are specified on the kernel command line with the module name plus
'.' plus parameter name, with '=' and value if appropriate, such as:

	usbcore.blinkenlights=1

HTH