Re: manipulate initrd from Debian installer

Denny Schierz wrote:
hi Mark,

Mark Allums schrieb:

Where to start... well, I don't know your level of sophistication with
the kernel, but did you compile the kernel the "Debian way" or the

shame on me ;-) I used the Debian way via

make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot kernel_image --initrd
--append_to_version=.denny

It isn't complicated to get a running Kernel on my system, but it is, to
create a kernel for the Debian Installer.

cu denny

Ahh, I beg your pardon.

I don't see where you made the modules or installed them. (You said in your earlier post that you copied them to a directory.) However, it looks like your new kernel is looking for something and not finding it. You seem to be trying to create a custom live CD. Do you use any gnu or debian tools to automate the process?

If it is a CD, it may need support for the ISO 9660 CD standard. Did you compile that into the kernel, or the initrd? Once the kernel takes over from the boot loader, it doesn't know about filesystems unless they have been compiled in.

Mark Allums