Re: JRE which openjdk & gcj

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 08:02:05AM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have noticed that openjdk has made it into the repo's.  Wondering what
> people thoughts where on
>
> openjdk, gij and gcj ?
>

> Seems like we have lots of choice, and there might be a chance to see a
> 64B browser plugin now, but how ready are they to use in production.
>
> My understand is gcj and the classpath libraries are still a bit wanting

I ran into a problem the other day... my current class sort of
requires the use of Eclipse, okay that's fine, though it's no emacs
;-P.

Anyway, in sid currently, installing eclipse pulls in gcj and uses
that as the default. THe problem? no Scanner... wtf? why won't my code
work at home when it will at school? long story short, sun-java6-jdk
works great.

very very much .02