Re: xorg reconfigure problem after upgrade

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 07/10/08 09:13, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
[snip]
Sorry, it's mode setting, not modeline setting.

http://kerneltrap.org/node/8242
http://keithp.com/blogs/kernel-mode-drivers/

They have to do something, VT management is a mess.
To wit my problems with vga= in Debian's 2.6.25 kernel (*not* with
kernel.org's 2.6.25.9!)

Hmmm.  I'd never be affected by that, since I stick with a pure text
24x80 console, and use startx to load the nvidia binary driver.

You'd never notice it. Linux has a "glaring"(?) fault that you can have any number of devices anywhere but only 1 keyboard with a VT.

In the best of worlds, the kernel ought to figure out the keyboard/console connections and give each a vt.

But we'll see that long after I am gone, if ever.

Hugo