Re: dial up support

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Andrei Popescu engaged keyboard and shared this with us
all:
>--} On Fri,04.Jul.08, 01:48:35, Michelle Konzack wrote:
>--} > > Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
>--} > > >The gold-standard in modems is the 3Com/US Robotics Courier
>--} > > >V-Everything.  It works with a serial port and requires no drivers.
>  It --} > > >also does great on noisy lines.  I purchased mine off eBay for
> $49. --} > >
>--} > > What's the model number of that?
>--} >
>--} > There is ONLY ONE.
>--}
>--} "There can be only one" :)
>--}
>--} Regards,
>--} Andrei

I used a Maestro Woomera for 5-6 years before satellite, and it was nothing
short of brilliant. It adjusted itself to the best average speed on the
condition of the line, and here the telephone line is little better than a
string between two tin cans. It even worked, though at a reduced download
speed, after a lightning strike on the line. That was the only time it
required any attention, but didn't leave me in the Internet dark while I
found one to borrow before I sent it away from repair. The only problem is
the cost, it's not cheap, but then I repeat myself.

Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
Once you suddenly smash through, and go on to make the leap beyond, you will

Debian, just the best way to create magic