Recording TV with Debian

Hi.

I have been using GNU/Linux for about ten years and I have always been
very happy with it.

Today however I wanted to record some old video recordings from my Sony
M8 video recorder, and I got my hands on a Pinnacle video card.

Now installing tvtime and watching the tapes is very easy and it works
perfectly, but recording from the device.. damn..

First I tried mythtv, and I am sorry, but that is one bloated piece of
shit. I am not setting up my own freaking TV station.

All the other packages I tried, either didn't work, or crashed or
something else.

This sucks big time!

Rico.

PS.: Yeah I know, this is nothing but complaining, but air was needed!