Re: Stunned by aptitude.

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 08:22:59AM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> Still there should be an option to turn this behavior off, since it is
> very annoying for people with low bandwith and frequent network
> problems.  In apt-get you can set APT::Get::List-Cleanup=false to avoid
> erasing the list files if the update failed, but aptitude does not have
> such an option, AFAIK.

I don't think this really applies here. Least not to apt from my reading
of this:

--list-cleanup
    This option defaults to on, use --no-list-cleanup to turn it
    off.  When on apt-get will automatically manage the contents of
    /var/lib/apt/lists to ensure that obsolete files are erased. The only
    reason to turn it off is if you frequently change your source list.
    Configuration Item: APT::Get::List-Cleanup.

--
  "Police noticed some rustling sounds from Linn's bottom area
  and on closer inspection a roll of cash was found protruding