Re: 答复: Stunned by aptitude.

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 06:06:56AM +0000, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 14:01 +0800, Magicloud wrote:
> > I don't think so. Obviously, if the network is broken, it absolutely does
> > not mean that there is NO packages, just aptitude can not know.
>
> That's by far the most round logic I've heard tonight.  If it can't
> reach the repository to know about the packages, how in the world do you
> expect aptitude to know about the packages?

If it knew about packages for that repository in the past but failed to
contact the repository now it should not assume that it's ok to wipe out
the package list.

I believe that would be the point the original poster was getting at. If
aptitude is really doing that then it is in the wrong.

--
  "Police noticed some rustling sounds from Linn's bottom area
  and on closer inspection a roll of cash was found protruding