Re: Install debian Etch with debootstrap on top of fedora

El mar, 01-07-2008 a las 10:41 +0100, michael escribió:
> On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 10:17 +0100, michael wrote:

> > > What parameters are you passing to debootstrap? It should be something
> > > like:
> > > debootstrap etch /debian_chroot http://somemirror/debian
> > >
> > > If that's correct, you should make sure that you're running it as root
> > > and the chroot binary is in PATH ('which chroot').
> > >

> > > If that doesn't help, please copy the exact error you're receiving.
> > >

> > fedora$ sudo /usr/sbin/debootstrap --arch amd64 etch /debian_chroot/
> > http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/
> >
> > The error was as above! And was the last thing the debootstrap issued.
>
> here we go, just reran:
>
> mkb@veri:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/debootstrap --arch amd64 etch /debian_chroot/
> http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/
> Password:
> I: Retrieving Release
[...]
> W: Failure trying to run: chroot /debian_chroot mount -t proc proc /proc
>
> Just to clarify I'm doing this since I wish to install Debian (as the
> main and then only) Linux on the machine, but when tried the netinst it
> wasn't happy with the CDROM.

I tought it would show something useful. I remember there was a log file
somewhere in /target/debootstrap, maybe it contains a more descriptive
error.

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory,
there's no difference between theory and practice."