Re: wireless with Netgear WG511T

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 01:01:08PM -0500, Stackpole, Chris wrote:

> One thing Ubuntu does well, is keep the hardware support list pretty
> up-to-date. Here is the section on the Wireless:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

Thanks, although I thought I heard from someone there were v1 and v2
cards. Is this true?
Will the following card work fine? (connecting to a standard laptop
pcmcia card slot)
Here is the add:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Netgear-WG511T-108Mbps-WIRELESS-PC-CARD-PCMCIA-Adapter_W0QQitemZ200234161744QQihZ010QQcategoryZ74954QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

> While it is not always true that the hardware will work with Debian (the
> whole Ubuntu restricted drivers and whatnot) it should at least give you
> an idea of the problems people are having or if the hardware works right
> off the bat.

Yeah, Now I see it, a few howtos on this card, so I think madwifi does
indeed support it.

 Thanks very much for the reply.

Cheers,

--