RE: wireless with Netgear WG511T

>I'm looking to buy a Netgear WG511T. I see it has an atheros chipset in
>it, so assume linux supports it.
>So, does the madwifi driver support it?
>And, where can I find instructions on how to set it up, including
>installing any drivers, configuration and then of course connecting to
>networks.
>Does anyone know where this info can be found? I didn't find much with
>google.
>Thanks,
>--
>Daniel Dalton

One thing Ubuntu does well, is keep the hardware support list pretty
up-to-date. Here is the section on the Wireless:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

While it is not always true that the hardware will work with Debian (the
whole Ubuntu restricted drivers and whatnot) it should at least give you
an idea of the problems people are having or if the hardware works right
off the bat.

The card you mentioned is indeed listed so my guess is that is should be
easily do-able. You may want to see if they have any more comments or
problems in their forums.

Have fun!
~Stack~