Gigabit Notebook Adaptor for networking Debian

I have an antique Gateway Solo 1100 laptop, in mint condition, running
Debian Linux.  I would like to use it to administer my headless
internet server (also running Debian).  However, it needs an ethernet
card.

The Linksys network adaptors I've seen for sale in stores require you
to be running Windows.

At the Linksys website, I found the the Gigabit Notebook Adaptor
(PCM1000) which, it says, is  "supported by all major operating
systems".

Here's the link:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1124916752477&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=5247745472B03

I am wondering if this would do the trick.  I would be greatful for
any insights>

Thanks & Best Regards,

 Vwaju, New York City