Re: udev problems after 6/28 upgrade - my fault

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 08:15:55PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 13:48:27 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> > no usb devices and lsusb returns nothing.  Everything worked after
> > yesterday's apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade.  This morning a
> > startup problem (see posting _Update Modified BIOS ???)_ and when it was
> > solved no usb devices and lsusb returns nothing.

My fault.  Struggling with the failure to start this morning I booted
from the Grml cd and ran lilo -C /mnt/hdb1/etc/lilo.conf after copying
lilo.conf.grml to lilo.conf.  This file was created some months ago and
the default was an older kernel image.  This afternoon I decided to tidy
up so restored the current lilo.conf, ran lilo and rebooted. After the
reboot all is well.

My apologies for not recognizing the problem immediately.  The changed
boot sequence caused a little panic.  I'll replace the battery as
recommended.

Tom