Re: Debian Server hostname and Win 2003 DNS server

Hi!
> Servers work like a charm, but i am not able to ping them by hostname.

Thanks Bob:
> You may need to add relevant entries to the hosts file in each windows machine

...and Damon for yours replies
> If you put those entries into another hosts hosts file, then you can ping this
> host from that box by the above hosts names.
> Windows also has a host file.  Edit that as well.

Yes, i know, if i modify hosts file both in linux and in windows machine i will not have more problems to ping those 2 new Debian servers.
But there are a lot of people (and computer) that use services running on those servers.
I hope there's a way to to the job wothout modify every single users machine.

Or not? :-D