Re: Closing laptop without suspending

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:

My Dell Inspiron laptop running KDE suspends to RAM automatically when
I close the lid. Usually, this is the behaviour that I want. However,
sometimes I need to walk from place to place with the machine and I'd
like to close the lid without suspending. Is there a script that I can
run to tell the computer not to suspend in response to ACPI events (or
more specifically, the lid switch) for the next 60 seconds? Thanks in
advance.

I do not know the solution to your problem.

But first of all is it advisable to move a computer while it is running? You
can induce a lot of vibration into the electrical/mechanical components
(hard drive failure comes to my mind) while walking. I would not do that if
I were you.

raju
I, too, am interested in the answer, if there is one. I am thinking of using the Asus eee (read "no hard drive") for processing in a robot. It seems to me that if the robot is moving there is less likely to be a problem if the lid is shut, than if it is open and able to wobble about.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com