Removing selected items from forms in FF

Is there any way to remove selected items from being remembered when filling out forms? There have been times when I have mistyped an entry and now, whenever I start to fill in that field, I get the incorrect entries, along with the correct ones. It makes it harder to select the right entry from the list. Is there any way to leave some entries, while removing others?

I would think it would be in ~/.mozilla/firefox/default/formhistoy.dat, but if it is, it is not in any form that I could extract what I want to remove.

Does anyone know if it is even possible to do what I want?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com