Re: Closing laptop without suspending

> I do not know the solution to your problem.
>
> But first of all is it advisable to move a computer while it is running? You
> can induce a lot of vibration into the electrical/mechanical components
> (hard drive failure comes to my mind) while walking. I would not do that if
> I were you.

That is a good point. In any case, the thermal vents on this
particular machine are not covered when the lid is closed. Regarding
the hard drive, I do not think that there is a breaking mechanism for
stopping the drive when the machine suspends, so at 7200 RPM even
after waiting a full minute after suspend the disk is likely still
spinning at a resectable speed.

Can anyone shed more light on the subject?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il