Re: debian installer

If you don't configure the network or refuse to install by a mirror site, it really get all the 800 packages from CD, i think. :)

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 01:56:07AM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

> Alas, Debian sometimes refers to copying files from the disc as
> "downloading", so it is unclear from the information you gave which it
> means, getting from the disc or getting from the internet.  You could
> just try it, and abort and start over if it becomes clear it is from the

No, I installed debian, but I want to know if it actually downloaded
anything.
It just said retrieving file 1 of 800 retrieving file 2 of 800 etc.
Exactly what the etch netinst said, so I assume since the iso is 700 mb
almost it was just getting these packages from the cd?
Or did it actually download from the internet?