Re: Balsa's "Gnome editor?"

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to change the "Gnome editor" -- in Xfce4 -- to
> something other than mousepad?

Thanks to those who replied!

What I found in Gnome was the file in my home directory:

~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list

which I could make look like this:

[Default Applications]
text/plain=xjed.desktop

For this to work I made a file 'xjed.desktop' in that dir noted above
that looks like this:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=xjed
Comment=
Exec=xjed
Terminal=false
Type=Application

For Xfce4 I replicated those files and dirs, and there was then joy in Mudville.

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely