Balsa's "Gnome editor?"

I have Xfce4 runningl, and I'm trying out Balsa in it.

Balsa looks for its external editor in a var described as "the Gnome
editor," which, in Xfce4, is evidenctly mousepad.

Far be it from I to cast aspersions (as the saying goes) on mousepad,
but I would like something more exciting for my external editor.

Does anyone know how to change the "Gnome editor" -- in Xfce4 -- to
something other than mousepad?

Best regards,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely