Re: Trouble adding SATA HDDs to Etch box (ProLiant ML110 G4) that boots from USB flash drive

Sam Kuper:

>         Check root= bootarg cat /proc/cmdline
>         or missing modules, devices: cat /proc/modules ls /dev
> Alert! /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

I guess one of your new drives uses /dev/sda which was previously used
by your flash drive. You probably need to find out the flash drive's new
device name and update your grub.conf and fstab accordingly.

J.
--
I start many things but I have yet to finish a single one.
[Agree]   [Disagree]