Re: An inquiry

[ Please try to turn off the HTML part of your messages. ]

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 16:46:43 -0700, Stephen Mazurek wrote:
> Is ALSA broken in Debian etchnhalf (linux-image 2.6.22-4-686)? I am using a
> ThinkpadT42 with an Intel audio controller 82801DB/DBL/DBM
> (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01).  The audio worked in
> the past, but I don't use audio that often and I don't remember if upgrading
> to etchnhalf shut it down, or if my installing drivers and firmware for
> wireless controller ipw2100.  Perhaps it's something else.  I've googled
> around a bit and it looks as if ALSA may not  yet be functioning for
> etchnhalf.  Any information, please?  Thanks.

Let's have a look at what is going on. Please post the output of the
following commands:

lsmod | grep snd

cat /dev/sndstat

cat /proc/asound/cards

speaker-test -t sine

(The last command should put a simple sine-wave signal to your speakers
or headphones. I would like to know if it works and if you get any error
messages, such as "device or resource busy".)

          Florian   |