Re: apt-get update segmentation fault

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008, Anton Piatek wrote:

> Unfortunately unison is designed such that both client and server
> versions must match, so as my servers are etch I need the etch version
> on my laptop.

Install unison2.13.16 on your laptop. The unison mantainer generally
maintains versions of unison in testing/unstable that can talk to each
other and to the one in stable.

See /usr/share/doc/unison/README.Debian.gz, and hopefully you can find
something (at least for the case of unison) that works better than
pulling in newer versions.

(That said, I shouldn't talk: I manually backported the newer 2.27
version to Etch because I've got non-Debian machines running that.
Backporting on Debian is easier than backporting other systems. <grin>)

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :          Our little systems have their day;
ahall@vitaphone.net  :          They have their day and cease to be;