apt-get update segmentation fault

Hi,
Does anyone know why apt-get crashes when updating?

  Hit http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Sources
  Hit http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/contrib Sources
  Hit http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/non-free Sources
  Fetched 9B in 2s (4B/s)
  Segmentation faultsts... 60%

Removing a deb source solves the problem (5 sources works, 6 fails).
I have had this happen before, with sarge i think, and upgrading apt
to a newer level solved it, however uprading apt now will require
upgrading libperl
My apt is currently at version 0.7.6 on a mixed lenny/sid system (with
some packages from etch, unison in particular)

Surely apt should be able to handle 6 sources lists - why can't it?
and is there anything I can do to help debug why?

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.