Re: minimalist window managers [was Re: Preferred applications: IDE, text-editor, music player.]

A,

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

if you decide to investigate other minimalist WM's you might look at
xmonad. It's all keyboard controlled, tiled with a variety of
customizable tiling layouts. pretty fun(unctional).

Actually, I was using xmonad before switching to DWM. I'll take configuring DWM via editing a C header file(config.h) and recompiling DWM over Haskell any day. :-) Actually I've tried xmonad, ion3, ratpoison, awesome, evilwm, stumpwm, and probably a few others I'm forgetting. I ended up trying DWM a couple of times before I got hooked.

Oh, did I mention I use the vimperator Firefox plugin to give my browser a vim look/feel.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX