Re: can't print from adobe reader

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 14:36:54 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I wanted to print a 1-page coupon that was a PDF doc. Tried adobe reader and
> it gave me a whole error page output.
> kpdf printed it just fine
> adobe error:
> the following error occured while printing...
> `usage: lpr [-cdfghlmnpqrst][-#num][-1234 font][ -C class][-i [numcols]]
> [-j job][-Pprinter][-T title][-U user][-wnum][-name...]'
>
> I'm assuming this is because adobe reader is setup with LPR ?? as opposed to
> CUPS?? if so, how do I change it to CUPS ??

I see all my defined CUPS printers in the Adobe reader print dialog and
they all work. I think this depends on having "cups-bsd" installed.
(Lenny still uses the name "cupsys-bsd" for the relevant package right
now.)

> oh yeah, running Lenny on my desktop
> just ran the latest updates this morning..

You can also set the printer name to "Custom..." in the print dialog in
the Adobe reader, then you can define the print command yourself. If you
are using KDE anyway then you can simply set this command to "kprinter"
(without any parameters) then you will get the usual KDE print dialog
with all its features once you press "OK" in Adobe's print dialog. I
like setting up my system like this because it gives me easy access to
kprinter functions like "Send to Fax" from within the Adobe reader.

          Florian   |