Re: can't print from adobe reader

On Wed June 18 2008, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > I'm assuming this is because adobe reader is setup with LPR ?? as opposed
> > to CUPS?? if so, how do I change it to CUPS ??
>
> I see all my defined CUPS printers in the Adobe reader print dialog and
> they all work. I think this depends on having "cups-bsd" installed.
> (Lenny still uses the name "cupsys-bsd" for the relevant package right
> now.)
except that I have that installed:
ii  cupsys                                                  1.3.7-5
Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
rc  cupsys-bsd                                              1.3.7-5
Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD commands

> > oh yeah, running Lenny on my desktop
> > just ran the latest updates this morning..
>
> You can also set the printer name to "Custom..." in the print dialog in
> the Adobe reader, then you can define the print command yourself. If you
> are using KDE anyway then you can simply set this command to "kprinter"
> (without any parameters) then you will get the usual KDE print dialog
> with all its features once you press "OK" in Adobe's print dialog. I
> like setting up my system like this because it gives me easy access to
> kprinter functions like "Send to Fax" from within the Adobe reader.

I changed it to custom. With my printer selected, it showed:
with custom selected, the printer command showed:
/usr/bin/lp

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800