Re: [SOLVED] Re: silly little text problem

just letting people know ...

i exported a pdf (indented as you asked) from OpenOffice and called pdf2ps ... I think it does what you want :)

Marcos

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 07:59:53AM +0530, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
> Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

> >>You may want to use the verse environment for this. It's in the
> >>texlive-humanities package.

> >I wonder why I can't find that verse.pdf file with texdoctk?  It doesn't
> >even show if I click on search and enter verse.
>
> I think the pdf may be there in the texlive-latex-extra-doc package.
> Here is a ctan link to the file.
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/verse/verse.pdf
>
> >Thanks for the pointer.

I found it and it did work, especially the little trick of adding an
/attrib and the poemtitle made it look well done.

I had tried the /indent thingy but couldn't get it to work; didn't
remember the // thingy.

Yes I need to get a good book; all I have is the stuff in the packages.

I'm making up a file that contains the descriptions from all the texlive
packages from dpkg (get the listing with aptitude, clean it up to just
the package names, then pipe it through xargs to dpkg -p) so that I can
find out if I have a package already, then go looking for the docs.  It
seems that there's a few missing from the texdoctk/texdoc database.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Doug.