Re: silly little text problem

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 03:50:27PM -0500, Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 15/06/2008, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> >  My wife has a poem she wants typed up in a particular format:
> >
> >  First line unindented
> >         next four lines indented
> >  next line unindented
>
> You may want to use the verse environment for this. It's in the
> texlive-humanities package.
>
> Documentation:
>
>      http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/verse/verse.pdf
>
> Are you doing typesetting or is your wife doing it? Does she enjoy
> typing in LaTeX?

No, its me that does the typing.  She did the layout by hand and wants
it to stay the same.

I'm in Etch and don't see a texlive-humanities package, but I do see the
verse environment in texlive-latex-extra.  I just read the doc and it at
least gives a clue on how to do it manually with inserting space for the
indent: a little tedious and I'll see if it can be improved.

I wonder why I can't find that verse.pdf file with texdoctk?  It doesn't
even show if I click on search and enter verse.

Thanks for the pointer.

Doug.