Re: off-line dictionary (gnome)

> Thanks again, but both nmap and ps show the daemon to be running.
>
> /var/log/daemon.log shows nothing regarding dictd.
>

> It appears to me that the user interface of Dictionary 2.14.0 is in
> need of repair.

Try the commandline: 'dict rtm' or or something like that.

I have the following in /etc/dictd/dict.conf:

server localhost
server dict.org
server dict0.us.dict.org
server alt0.dict.org

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the
      LORD delivereth him out of them all."
                                   Psalms 34:19