Re: off-line dictionary (gnome)

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:28:26AM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> Running Debian and the Gnome desktop, what is necessary for a
> dictionary which may be used off-line -- that is, going to localhost
> rather than to dict.org ?
>
> The man pages for dict and dictd don't appear to discuss off-line
> access.  The instructions I found in a wiki titled "Gnome-dictionary
> Offline" do not agree with the menus which I find in Dictionary
> 2.14.0.

I only use the dict-packages offline.  Just install all the
dictionaries you want to use and make sure that your dict client refer
to localhost as server.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the
      LORD delivereth him out of them all."
                                   Psalms 34:19