Re: debian sid & gnome

[ Please try to turn off the HTML part of your messages. ]

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 14:18:40 +0800, Reeyarn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've come accoss a similar problem, that my apt-get or aptitude wanted to
> remove my gnome, gtk, etc. Almost ervery core module of gnome i think.(see
> attached for the result of apt-get autoremove -s)

[...]

I think you are missing one or more of the following metapackages:

gnome                     | The GNOME Desktop Environment, with extra components
gnome-core                | The GNOME Desktop Environment -- essential components
gnome-core-devel          | The GNOME Desktop Environment -- development components
gnome-desktop-environment | The GNOME Desktop Environment
gnome-devel               | The GNOME Desktop Environment -- development tools
gnome-fifth-toe           | The GNOME Fifth Toe applications
gnome-office              | The GNOME Office suite
gnome-themes-extras       | various themes for the GNOME 2 desktop

The metapackages themselves are "empty", but they protect other packages
from autoremoval by depending on them.

          Florian   |