Re: iceweasel 3 in sid

On 06/13/2008 10:51 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Mumia W.. wrote:
[...]
BTW, I intend to do something like what you're doing. I want to share a profile between Seamonkey on Debian Etch and Seamonkey on Ubuntu Hardy. My plan is to minimize potential problems by downloading SM from the Mozilla site and installing SM 1.1.9 on both Debian and Ubuntu.

Thanks. How do you keep the same bookmarks and form prompts in two different profiles?

Well, I first have to say that my plan didn't work--possibly because I installed NoScript into Seamonkey--possibly because Seamonkey writes full pathnames into its prefs.js file.

The bookmarks for FX 3.0 are kept in places.sqlite, and the form history is probably kept in the files formhistory.dat and formhistory.sqlite. My next test will probably involve copying the files between my two installations of Firefox (or Seamonkey).

If that doesn't work, I'll try roaming profiles.

(Sigh) I do wish that portableapps.com created a portable Firefox for Linux.