Re: debian sid & gnome

Dietrich Bollmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since weeks I can't update debian sid as apt-get always wants to remove
> gnome:
>
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> [...]
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
> epiphany-extensions fast-user-switch-applet gnome
> gnome-desktop-environment gnome-system-tools k3b libavcodeccvs51
> libavdevicecvs52 libavformatcvs52 libavutilcvs49 liboobs-1-3
> libpostproccvs51 libswscalecvs0 libuim5 scim-uim
> [...]
>
> As I couldn't find any mails from other users about this problem, I
> finally wonder if there is something wrong with my system.
>
> Should I continue to wait for some more weeks until finally gnome can be
> updated again or is there some better way to proceed?
>
> Thanks, Dietrich

I usually solve this sort of problem using aptitude, checking the
dependencies of the packages suggested for removal has always revealed
the culprit.  Of course YMMV.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman