Re: debian sid & gnome

Hi Ron.

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 22:16 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Since weeks I can't update debian sid as apt-get always wants to remove
> > gnome:
>
> I have to ask: do you "apt-get update"?

Of course I did :)

> Try upgrading a handful of packages at a time.  That will show you
> where the problem is.  "apt-show-packages -u | sort" is handy.

I couldn't find 'apt-show-packages' - even google only lists six pages
when searching for 'apt-show-packages':
http://www.google.com/search?q=apt-show-packages

Where can I find it?

Is there some way to list the package dependencies used when trying to
upgrade debian?  Having a dependency tree it should be easy to
understand why apt-get always wants to uninstall gnome.

Thanks for your answer, Dietrich