RealPlayer Guidance Needed

When an old cpu died I upgraded to a new motherboard and an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+. I am running the current version of Lenny with a 2.6.24-1-amd64 kernel. I can no longer listen to the audio streams from my favorite radio stations, play the NY Times videos and sundry links suggested by my email correspondents.

I checked the mozilla (iceape?) plugins and it looked like I needed nswrapperplugin. I downloaded the RPM's, ran alien and dpkg then found the notice that linux32 must be installed to use the plugin. When I started apt-get install linux32 dire warnings of essentials to be removed caused me to quickly abort the installation.

I realize I'm clueless about the current problems. Please humor me and tell me what I should read to understand what's going on and what I must learn to go about fixing my system.

Tom