Re: Getting network settings to stick

Ooops! sorry. There is only one file in my /etc/network directory. It's called
interface and goes as follows:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
	address 192.168.0.5
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 192.168.0.0
	broadcast 192.168.0.255
	gateway 192.168.0.1
	# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
	dns-nameservers 192.168.0.1
	dns-search williams_home_network.lan

It was my impression that this is where the system obtained its IP
address. I am not in the know on networking issues, but I am eager
the learn. Any pointers will be appreciated.

--
Best Regards
Walt L. Williams

.