Re: conf management for many debian boxes

>  Puppet is the "new" one, and is nicer in many respects, but
>  there aren't packages for Sarge at least - so that might be a
>  dealbreaker.

> Common place, and sometime with other distributions, and even, other Unix, and
> why not Windows server...

I'll definitely have to look into cfengine and puppet.  I took a quick
gander, and it doesn't look quite like what I had in mind as far as
workflow goes, but it looks like the goals are very similar to what
I'm looking for.

I've had in mind for some time to get the Sarge machines upgraded to
etch, but since there are some production apps that have been running
for years and they aren't the typical LAMP stack or I haven't
necessarily gotten around to upgrading and testing for etch, but it's
enough.

Thanks,

Donald