Re: postfix

On Monday 09 June 2008 08:41:50 steve wrote:
[snip]
> thats right, I did use courier, and apparently the error I am getting
> now is "mail server at mail.reillyblog.com responded: chdir Maildir
> failed"  the only thing I did different from that guide was to choose
> internet site, not satellite as I did not want to use my ISP to deliver
> mail.  Ill figure it out sooner or later, im pretty close i think?!

That error message means the pop server cannot open the maildir directory for
the given user. This can happen for 2 reasons.
1. the path to maildirs is wrong
2. the maildir has not been created yet.

If its #1, recheck the courier configuration to see if the path for the
maildirs is correctly given. Basically, the path where Postfix saves the
mails should be the same for the Courier to go and open up the mails.

if its #2, Simply send an email to the given user before checking his mail.
Courier does not create the maildir folders automatically so if this is a
brand new user, forst send the user a test mail so that the maildor folders
will be created and then check email from thunderbird.

Mihira.