Re: PDF reader that overrides fonts

On 06/07/2008 07:29 AM, Florian Kulzer wrote:
[...]
I would be interested to know if these fonts are still listed as embedded if you run pdffonts on the final -NOFONTS.pdf. I will ask Dotan to send me his original file; maybe there is some document security option which has to be overridden.

Please let us know if you think of anything else in the meantime; your earlier suggestion about the ghostscript fonts was what made me realize that the problem could maybe be solved by using ghostscript to remove the offending fonts from the PDF.

Okay, I'm still thinking.

One thing I'm thinking about is booting up Ubuntu and installing inkscape. Ubuntu seems to be Sid, and if I can get the latest inkscape version installed, I might be able to change the font without attempting to grok Postscript :-\

Dotan's original file is 206815 bytes long, but the file your script created was 147244 bytes long, so something indeed was removed, but when I launch Evince with the new file, the handwriting font is still there.

And the program "pdffonts" tells me that WEFAKP+GuttmanYad-Brush_00 and SWNCWI+GuttmanYadLight_00 are still embedded in the file.