PDF reader that overrides fonts

I have 20-odd PDF's that I must read. They have a terrible
handwritten-type font embedded in them and I cannot read them! The
PDFs are text, not images, as I've been able to copy the text and
paste to OpenOffice successfully. However, the documents are Materials
Engineering documents with charts and diagrams, so simply copying and
pasting the whole thing is unacceptable. Is there a PDF reader that
lets one override the embedded fonts?

I cannot ask for the documents to be recreated in an accessible
manner, as I already tried that route.

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com