From: Stephan Seitz [mailto:stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:44 PM
To: debian-user
Subject: Streaming with Debian Testing

Hi!

I have two Debian systems in the same network running Testing. One of
them has an analog TV card (Philips Semiconductors SAA7134/SAA7135HL
Video Broadcast Decoder). I can watch TV with kdetv without problems
using V4L2, but normally I'm not using this system directly. So I tried
to stream the video with vlc, but every example I found in the net
seemed
to use a codec not available with the Debian version of ffmpeg (patent
problems). The multimedia repository contains a non-free version of
ffmpeg, but not of vlc.

So how can I stream one TV channel to my other system? An example
command
line is greatly appreciated.

Someone from debian-multimedia suggested mythtv which I will try the
next
days, but from the description I come to understand that mythtv is
a complete video recorder. It may be a little oversized.

Shade and sweet water!

         Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |