Re: [Debian-User] Has anyone used crosshurd to install debian/gnu Linux?

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 12:08:44PM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> I'm thinking on performing a fresh install on a 2nd partition.  I was
> thinking on using crosshurd (I've used it to install hurd, but never
> linux), since according to its sid package web page [1], it looks like
> crosshurd can do it:

Lets look at the why.  Why do you want to do it?  Debian has debootstrap
to install to a partition from an existing unix system (IIRC, it only
uses wget and sh).  What will crosshurd give you that either debootstrap
or just the netinst.iso won't?

Doug.