Re: traffic monitoring tool with total statistics

On Fri, 30 May 2008 15:47:53 +0200
Jonas Meurer <jonas@freesources.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm searching for a network traffic monitoring tool which supports to
> report total numbers, like absolute mbytes/gbytes of ingoing/outgoing
> traffic per week/month. The tools i've tested so far (munin, mrtg)
> seem to support only relative numbers like curent, maximal, minmal
> and average bytes per second.

Have you tried vnstat?  It will give daily/weekly/monthly totals of
incoming/outgoing traffic by interface (i.e. eth0, eth1).  Basic info
and download (if not in Debian repository) found here:
http://humdi.net/vnstat/.

--
Travis Crook
Visions Beyond