Re: DRM PDFs (and SED and ETD ...)

Johannes Wiedersich on 29/05/08 14:03,wrote:
Just thought I'd ask, even though my web searches don't reveal anything
but Adobe promises and work-arounds involving printing to postscript on
a windows box first - but is there software for linux to read DRM pdfs?
I don't know, if I understand you correctly. If you just want to read a
DRM pdf, there are various linux tools as suggested. I've had good luck
with kpdf so far, but xpdf and others might work as well. Those tools
actually ignore (or can be configured to ignore) most of the
restrictions.
I haven't found any configuration on any package (xpdf, acroread,
evince, pdftk, kpdf) for ignoring security. In fact you're the second
person to say that, but the man pages don't contain any reference to
overriding passwords. Are you sure?

kpdf: settings -> konfigure kpdf -> "Obey DRM restrictions

However this apparently works only for the 'traditional' DRM stuff (I'm
on lenny).

Thanks for the pointer, although it doesn't work for me. I unclick the option, click OK, open the document and the first thing it does is ask me for a password.