Re: dist-upgrade of mysql-server-5.0

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
But the dist-upgrade of mysql-server-5.0 asked me a question:
Do you want to support connections from hosts running "Sarge" or older?

I may be wrong but from what I remember (I upgraded from Sarge even before Etch became stable) it's the old_passwords=1 line in your my.cnf.

"--old-passwords

Force the server to generate short (pre-4.1) password hashes for new passwords. This is useful for compatibility when the server must support older client programs."

Some more info:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/password-hashing.html

Basically, if you have the shorted passwords in your wordpress database, you'll need old_passwords to be on. If not, you can ignore this.

Disclaimer: this may, of course, have absolutely nothing to do with the dist-upgrade question you got :)

--kj