dist-upgrade of mysql-server-5.0

Hi,

I did a dist-upgrade on Sid for the first time in 8 months and upgraded 710 packages and installed 117 new ones. Everything OK. Thanks Debian!

But the dist-upgrade of mysql-server-5.0 asked me a question:
Do you want to support connections from hosts running "Sarge" or older?

If I answer "yes" everything is as before and OK.
If I answer "no" I cannot dump the db anymore, I get "error 1045 access denied"

But when you do a dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.0 you don't get asked this question, only when you dist-upgrade.

Now I have a question: what happens when you install mysql-server-5.0 new on a system, where is that option to reconnect with older Sarge systems?

When you look in /var/lib/dpkg/info/mysql-server-5.0.postinst you see:

db_set mysql-server-5.0/need_sarge_compat_done true

What does that mean?

Anyone?

BTW I only use mysql as the WordPress database since 2004.

Hugo