Re: Python problems with a lot of applications.

Hello Dark,
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 03:46:29PM +0100, Dark Nebula wrote:
> [ python does not find "pygtk" and "gtk" ]
> [ ... ]
> *I have a lot of packages installed for python:
> [...]
> ii  python-gtk2                                   2.12.1-3
> ii  python-gtk2-dev                               2.12.1-3
> [...]
these two should already be sufficient for gtk-support
> Someone have ideia how to solve this problem(s) ?
What is the output, when you start "python" and do
import sys
print sys.path
?
That will print the list of directories, where python looks for its modules.
There you should have the files "pygtk.py" and "pygtk.pyc" (the .py-File is
the source code, ths .pyc is already precompiled).
On my machine, these files are in
/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/pygtk.py[c]

If theses files are missing, try reinstalling python-gtk2.

HTH,

Axel